Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce issued the following announcement on Oct. 28.
Two great manufacturing events are taking place this week in Green Bay. On Tuesday, Oct. 29, the Northeast Wisconsin (NEW) Manufacturing Alliance will spotlight best practices of manufacturing and education collaborations throughout the region during the 8th annual Excellence in Manufacturing/K-12 Partnership Awards at the KI Convention Center in Green Bay.
The 2019 Excellence in Manufacturing/K-12 Partnerships Award winners are:
- Brighter Image – BPM, Inc.
- Educational Partnership – Therma-Tron-X, Inc.
- Leadership – Miller Electric Mfg. Co.
- Manufacturing Innovation – Gulfstream Aerospace Corp.
- Visionary – Jared Bailin, Eagle Performance Plastics
- Youth Apprenticeship – Ariens Company
- Brighter Image – Mishicot School District
- Career Pathmaker Administrator – Mike Trimberger, Random Lake School District
- Career Pathmaker Educator – Rita O’Brien, Appleton Area School District
- Career Pathmaker Technology Education Teacher – Chris Arps, Winneconne Community School District
- Career Pathmaker Technology Education Teacher – David Stroud, Ashwaubenon High School
- Education Innovation – Hortonville High School
- Higher Education – David Fischer, Fox Valley Technical College
- Manufacturer Partnership – Luxemburg-Casco High School
On Wednesday, Oct. 30, an estimated 1,500 people will attend the 9th annual Manufacturing First Expo & Conference. This event, originated and presented by First Business Bank in partnership with NEWMA, shines a spotlight on the latest manufacturing trends, and provides valuable education and networking opportunities. This year offers two keynote addresses, three special presentations, 12 breakout sessions, and 200 exhibitors.
The event’s keynote speakers are David Kohler, president and CEO of the Kohler Co., and Mike Staver, author of “Leadership Isn’t for Cowards.”
Manufacturing First will also feature special presentations from First Business Bank on “How & Why Alternative Financing Works for Manufacturers” and Ruder Ware on “Employment law is not for cowards: A top 10 list of what NOT to do in the workplace!” Oshkosh Corp. will also provide a special presentation.
The event will also include 12 breakout sessions on a range of topics from Industry 4.0 to recruiting and retaining talent through leadership development.
For more information about these manufacturing events, please visit manufacturingfirst.com.
About First Business
First Business Financial Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: FBIZ) is a bank holding company and parent of First Business Bank, and is focused on the unique needs of businesses, business executives, and high net worth individuals. First Business offers business banking, specialty finance, and private wealth management solutions, and through its niche focus, is able to provide its clients with unmatched expertise, accessibility, and responsiveness.
Member FDIC, First Business Bank is located at 3913 W. Prospect Avenue in Appleton, WI. For additional information, visit firstbusiness.com or call 920-734-1800. The First Business logo is available at firstbusiness.com/logo/.
The NEW Manufacturing Alliance is a group of manufacturers, working with educators, workforce development, chambers of commerce and state organizations to promote manufacturing in our Northeast WI region. The Vision of the Alliance is that every northeast Wisconsin manufacturer will find the talent it needs. For more information visit newmfgalliance.org.
Original source can be found here.